Lifebuoys need to be highly visible and easily accessible in waterside areas, but, being in exposed, unsupervised sites, can also be subject to abuse and vandalism. Jo Bird wanted a protective housing for their lifebuoy and throwing line which discouraged casual misuse but provided quick access in emergencies.
KD developed a robust rotationally moulded housing with a number of innovative design features including:
- robust, rotationally moulded corrosion and UV resistance polyethylene
- hinged doors with quick-grab opening handle
- throwing line integrated to the handle to ensure tangle-free rapid deployment
- versatile mounting options including wall mounting and freestanding GRP frame
- sign mounting for improved communication and sponsorship opportunities
Increased popularity of waterside environments means that improved vandal resistance and fast deployment of these new lifebuoy installations will help to improve safety and save lives.
Read more: Jo Bird website (opens in new window)