Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a 42-year track record of creating life changing world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
We are looking for a brilliant product designer to join our world class design team in Bristol.
- You should have approximately 5 years’ experience under your belt, preferably in the consultancy sector. We are not looking for graduates.
- You should be curious, personable and above all, passionate about what you do. There’s no substitute for a bit of magic and gumption.
- You should be capable of well-considered thought. Thinking through a problem properly is considerably more valuable than reams of output.
- You should be able to creatively explore ideas quickly and broadly – individually and in groups – in direct response to a design brief and direction.
- You should possess a consultant mindset and be self-assured whilst thinking on your feet. Our clients expect us to be agile, attentive and responsive …as well as creative.
- You should be comfortable presenting your ideas to peers, colleagues and clients and have the confidence to front a meeting and bear scrutiny.
- You should have strong visualisation skills and be able to communicate well in quick sketchwork as well as produce exquisite design visuals when required, and given time.
- You should have an awareness of manufacturing processes, their inherent parameters and constraints, and be able to design to suit.
- You should have an appetite to develop digital and integrated solutions, and be comfortable with usability prototyping and interface experiences.
- You should be able to write well and be able to arrange your work, thoughts, conclusions and recommendations in a logical, presentable and succinct way.
- You should be fully versed in the Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks and KeyShot as well as the usual Microsoft Office applications
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.
Get in touch
This is a full time role based in central Bristol.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you would be a great fit (unless you’re a recruitment consultant). We embrace equality and diversity in our business, it’s really important to us.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Sunday 12th May 2019, referencing ‘KDDC’ and your name in the subject.