Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a strong track record of creating world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
About the role
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer looking to apply their expanding electronics expertise to the development of new products and technologies.
You will have
- A 2:1 Masters degree or above in Electronic Engineering or associated course
- A good understanding of electronics first principles and be comfortable performing basic hand calculations to check designs
- Knowledge of digital electronics principles, 8-bit/32-bit ARM micro-controllers, FPGAs etc
- Knowledge of communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet etc.)
- An understanding of good practice in PCB layout
- Experience with low power circuit design
- Confidence and authority when presenting work to others
- Great people skills and ability to collaborate in project teams
- Commercial awareness and be able to manage your time within defined timescales
Desirable beneficial experience
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Medical device development experience
- Experience designing and testing for compliance, CE/FCC, EMC, radio, safety etc
- Experience developing systems from concept to design for manufacture
- Experience conducting FMEAs
- Experience using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience developing embedded software (C/C++)
- You will be eager to expand your capabilities and ambitious for more responsibility
- You will be passionate about electronics, science and technology and enjoy solving problems
- You will enjoy collaborating with designers, mechanical engineers and software developers
- You will enjoy working in a fast paced, varied consultancy environment
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an electronics development role
- You will be comfortable discussing project objectives and challenges directly with stakeholders and clients
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.
Get in touch
If you think you this sounds like you, then please send in a CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with KDEE and your name in the subject line of the email.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and fulfilment of the criteria above. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Friday 13th September 2019.