Graduate Mechanical Engineer
About the role
We are looking for a Graduate/Junior Mechanical Engineer, looking to apply analytical and design skills to product development projects within the engineering team.
1st or Upper 2nd, Masters degree in mechanical engineering
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Solid grounding in engineering principles and analysis (mechanics, fluids and thermodynamics)
- Creative and technical problem-solving skills
- CAD modelling experience ideally including surfacing and mechanism design
- Experience building & testing physical prototypes
- Excellent concept generation skills
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of design process from concept to manufacture
- Understanding of technical risk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous engineering work experience
You will be bright, organised, personable, enthusiastic, pragmatic and a team player.
Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by August 5th 2019 referencing your name and the job title in the subject.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a 42-year track record of creating life changing world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.