Medical Project Manager
Kinneir Dufort is a world-class innovation, design and product development team with a driven purpose to design a better world, and a strong track record of delivering successful products and experiences for clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors. To support the growth and ambition of the business, we are looking for a project manager to lead our multidisciplinary projects. We are looking for an experienced individual who will enjoy the challenge of working across several projects to help deliver excellence to our clients, on time and within budget. This role will require close integration with all the different areas of expertise at KD and therefore should be a good communicator, with the ability to understand the challenges of the different projects.
We think Kinneir Dufort is a special place. Our team are intelligent, hard-working, fun, non-egocentric, and collaborate brilliantly together to produce effective results, working with some of the biggest, best and most interesting clients you’ll find anywhere. We’re also highly successful, growing to 75 people, from our origins as a product design consultancy to the multi-expertise team we are today, encompassing Research, Innovation, Human Factors, Digital, Product & Packaging Design, Engineering, Prototyping, and Electronics & Software.
We are looking for a motivated individual with significant experience of project managing multidisciplinary projects within the medical sector.
Your Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of project management within medical product development, leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, multi-task environment under pressure and tight time constraints
- Excellent at planning and defining project scope, goals and deliverables, through use of Microsoft Project
- Develops and communicates accurate project schedules and timelines.
- Champion benefits of project management across the business
- Ability to understand the challenges in a project and resource accordingly
- Ensures on-time and budget project execution and delivery by managing risks, driving decisions, sustaining commitments to decision made, and implementing contingency plans with urgency, high quality of execution and impact.
- Critical thinking and problem solving leading to excellent decision making.
- Experience and ability to use project management tools such as Microsoft Project to define and manage budget.
- Capable of defining project quality across multidisciplinary team.
- Define, document and update project proposals through full development cycle.
- Document lessons learnt through development and implement improvements needed for future programmes.
- Robust risk management, including working within design control under quality management systems.
- Experience working to ISO 13485, ISO 9001 and ISO 14971.
- Experience and ability to implement different project management methods including PRINCE2, Agile etc.
- Strong commercial understanding related to income, profitability, efficiency, costs and value.
- Experience of subcontract/supplier definition, selection, negotiation and management.
- Excellent communication skills (from ability to relate well to colleagues to deliver presentation to senior client audiences).
- Ability to inspire and lead by example.
- It would be an advantage to have consultancy experience.
This is a full time role based in central Bristol.
Salary commensurate with experience.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you would be a great fit (unless you’re a recruitment consultant). We embrace equality and diversity in our business, it’s really important to us.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] referencing ‘PM’ and your name in the subject.
Applications close on Thursday 20th December.