Principal Design Researcher
About the role
Insight and Innovation is key to our continued growth at KD. We are looking for a Principal Design Researcher to lead projects for some of the worlds most recognised brands.
The Principal Design Researcher is expected to work with limited supervision from the Head of Insight and Innovation. They must be proactive and independent in running their aspect of projects, and confident in building and maintaining client relationships.
- Uncover unmet needs and frame into succinct recommendations and opportunities
- Plan global contextual research, creating screeners and organising recruitment
- Moderate research sessions, facilitating discussion and investigating participants’ actions or comments to drive insight
- Analyse research to understand the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ behind what people say and do
- Define, manage and deliver projects
- Plan and facilitate workshops, delivering clear and concise output
- Mentor members of the team
- Collaborate and work closely with different expertise within KD
Clients & new business
- Support with proposal writing and client engagement
- Build and deliver clear and engaging presentations to clients
- 8+ years’ experience (min. of 5 years in a consultancy) within design research and insight
- Outstanding presentation and writing skills
- Knowledge and evidence of human-centred design methods and techniques that can be applied to challenges
- Hands-on design research expertise, from ethnographic and other qualitative research methods
- You will be able to demonstrate a combination of strategic, creative and analytical skills
- Thrive in a fast pace work environment
- Global travel is essential for this role (10% approx.)
If this sounds like a journey you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a CV and a portfolio of examples that demonstrate your experience in leading global insight projects (no more than 10mb) [email protected] .
Deadline for applications 28th April 2019.
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a leading User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy. We combine creative and technical skills, using design thinking and execution to humanise and add value to technology. We also have the experience and capability to deliver technically on creative ideas. We start by understanding user needs in order to ground ideas in the experiences we seek to deliver.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, by developing successful new products and experiences which achieve positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generate value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
Product development and innovation projects are changing. Across all sectors the benchmarks for experience are increasingly at the consumer technology level, with digital connectivity and data presentation and analysis becoming an as-standard expectation in almost all new projects. In addition to this, there are unexplored opportunities for brand new products and services that are made possible when physical products are connected to each other and users. At KD we’re keen to explore these areas with our clients in more detail and expand our existing digital capabilities internally.
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.