This role is for an experienced and ambitious senior design consultant, who already has significant responsibilities in their current position. It reports into our Head of Design and the successful candidate will work alongside him to manage, support and deliver world class solutions from our design team comprising of 15 talented individuals.
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a leading User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy. We combine creative and technical skills, using design thinking and execution to humanise and add value to technology. We also have the experience and capability to deliver technically on creative ideas. We start by understanding user needs in order to ground ideas in the experiences we seek to deliver.
We are driven collectively to Design a Better World, by developing successful new products and experiences which achieve positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generate value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have some fun along the way.
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you, unless you’re a recruitment consultant, (direct applicants only please).
Please send your application and relevant details to [email protected] with KDPD and your name in the subject line of the email.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 6th January 2018
- You will need to be a trained product design consultant with 10+ years’ experience. Consultancy experience is essential, although in-house design team experience is also valid.
- You will have significant exposure to a wide range of products, and of creatively leading multiple projects in markets and clients across the FMCG, medical and industrial sectors.
- Robust technical/manufacturing awareness and sound knowledge across a wide range of production techniques and processes, and an understanding of graphics, print, digital and UI design and implementation processes.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams delivering unified project work for clients.
- Understand KD’s and our clients’ ambitions, challenges and ethos within the context of project delivery and to visualise and communicate appropriate solutions to these complex problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – able to advise and guide staff and clients with tact and sensitivity. This should include authority and leadership, team working, mentoring and coaching, dealing with difficult relationships and handling complaints.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal), with experience of delivering presentations to a high standard and to senior stakeholders, influencing people at all levels of an organisation (both internally and externally).
- A track record of organising, prioritising and scheduling multiple project activities for yourself and others in your team, using initiative and independence to manage studio resourcing to balance the needs of team members against project requirements to maximise efficiencies.
- Experience of line managing a team and have demonstrated the influential, motivational and developmental skills necessary to lead in a creative working environment.
- Experience in structuring, preparing, managing and reporting against budgets and be comfortable renegotiating these budgets with clients in the event of changes.
- You will be able to manage external contracts and suppliers to ensure value for money and contract adherence.