Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager – Innovation, Product & Packaging Development
Full time role, central Bristol
You’ll be a pitch winner, a strategist, an independent worker and a creative thinker. You will earn the trust of our clients, and you will be the person they turn to in the unlikely event something goes wrong.
We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Account Manager with a flair for strategically leading Consumer/ FMCG packaging and innovation projects, delivering results and growing client accounts.
This role would suit either someone from a packaging design or innovation background who has been working closely with brand and design teams.
The candidate should be professionally qualified and have at least four years’ experience agency side, in account management roles. Client-side experience would be useful but it is not a prerequisite. The candidate will also be expected to be involved in the new business process when necessary.
You’ll be responsible for developing client relationships and the turnover of your designated accounts, identifying new opportunities, creating and presenting proposals. Top-level communication and team management skills are essential.
You will coordinate consultancy resources, briefing and processing to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
You will be an excellent business administrator, managing all client-related activity, including contact reports, proposals, sign-off procedures, purchase orders and invoicing, as well as ensuring and monitoring client satisfaction.
Your core skills and experience will be:
• A good understanding of the creative process across brand packaging or product development
• A good understanding of client profitability, reporting and liaison is essential
• A good understanding of the technical challenges involved would be beneficial
• A hands-on approach to problem solving; identifying issues and using initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions
• The ability to plan and present, fully justifying methodology along the way to the client
• Confident negotiator achieving and pursuing a positive outcome for all parties
• Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes
• Ability to help the company maintain and retain its portfolio of clients by clearly understanding their objectives, thus ensuring expected results are achieved
• Understanding of how the business works and the importance of generating income/maximising profits and controlling costs
• Understanding of the importance of demonstrating respect and confidentiality regarding company and client information
• Have a positive approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
Personal skills required
• A hands-on approach and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Practical and level headed with the ability to react quickly
• The ability to proactively prioritise your workload to ensure delivery of projects in a timely fashion
• Hardworking, flexible and willing to work outside ‘normal’ working hours when required. This is not the norm but can happen
• A team player who is comfortable working alone when required
• Excellent attention to detail, especially when employing processes and procedures – detailed proof checking is required
• Excellent people management skills
• Keen to progress and develop
Salary commensurate with experience.
Apologies, however due to the expected level of response, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Applications to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 21st January 2019.
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a contributory pension scheme, private health care, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities, monthly socials, lots of parties and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We are ambitious and driven to be better, faster, stronger and bigger.