Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a strong track record of creating well-considered, clever, successful products and experiences for a wide range of global clients in the medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We are a collective of curious, smart, pioneering people, all under one roof, working together to solve big challenges and enjoy ourselves in the process.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Designer with rock solid strategic and exceptional executional product design experience who will take a lead role in project delivery as well as supporting the administrative and creative management of our Design team.
You may be an ambitious hotshot, looking for an opportunity to step up into a more senior role, or someone with more established and significant experience in a similar position, looking for a new environment and challenge. Either way, you should be talented, personable, driven and ambitious, combining humility and confidence in your ability to work in collaboration with our expert, multi-disciplinary team.
Your Skills, Experience and Attributes
- 8+ years’ experience. Consultancy experience is ideal and incredibly relevant, although in-house design team experience is also valid.
- A strategic understanding of what creativity and user-centred design can achieve in the business context, and how to relate this to client needs and varying levels of understanding/expectation.
- A keen interest in, and ability to apply different design methodologies and appropriate problem solving approaches to a range of client and project needs.
- A track record demonstrating an ability to translate user, brand and business needs in to compelling creative and technically sound solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and a proven ability to positively collaborate with peers, colleagues, clients and suppliers. You will also have a keen interest in nurturing talent and democratising skills with more junior members of the Design team.
- The ability to direct and provide balanced creative and project level critique and review feedback, both within the Design team and also within the wider business.
- Enthusiasm for and ability to work within cross-discipline teams (related KD disciplines include Insight & Innovation, Human Factors, Digital Design, Mechanical Engineering, electronics & Software and Prototyping)
- Exemplary client and project management skills including the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge, take briefings, prepare proposals, manage project resources (including other team members), prioritise activities, and deliver exceptional results on time and to budget.
- Astute commercial understanding of KD and client needs, both at a project level and at the wider business level.
- Engaging visual, verbal and written presentation skills.
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.
Get in touch
If you’d like to apply or discuss the role, we’d love to hear from you (unless you’re a recruitment consultant). We embrace equality and diversity in our business, it’s really important to us. Deadline for submissions is Friday 30th August 2019.
Please send CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with KDSD and your name in the subject line of the email.