Senior Electronics Engineer
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a strong track record of creating world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Electronic Design Engineer to join our Electronics & Software team, reporting to our Head of Electronics & Software, you’ll be responsible for:
- Design and development of electronic systems
- Providing technical leadership and client management of development projects
- Working with project stakeholders to define requirements and shape technical work packages
You will have
- Knowledge of analogue circuit design principles
- Knowledge of digital electronics principles, 8-bit/ARM micro-controllers, FPGAs etc
- Knowledge of communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet etc.)
- An understanding of good practice in PCB layout
- Experience with low power circuit design
- Confidence and authority when presenting approaches and decisions
- Great people skills and ability to manage project teams
- Solid Commercial awareness for managing budgets and working within defined timescales
- An ability to communicate with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels of a project and to see situations from their perspectives
- Degree (2:1) or above in Electronics Engineering or associated course
Desirable beneficial experience
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Medical device development experience
- Experience designing and testing for compliance, CE/FCC, EMC, radio, safety etc
- Experience developing systems from concept to design for manufacture
- Experience conducting FMEAs
- Experience using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience developing embedded software (C/C++)
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status
- You will be ambitious for more responsibility and will most likely, have outgrown your current role
- You’ll be passionate about electronics, science and technology and enjoy solving problems
- You’ll enjoy working in a fast paced, varied consultancy environment
- You’ll have had an absolute minimum of 5 years’ experience in electronics development or project engineering roles
- You’ll be comfortable discussing project objectives and challenges directly with stakeholders and clients
- You’ll be confident to manage others within the team, mentor and support junior members and support the Head of Electronics & Software in an internal and external capacity when required
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.
Get in touch
If you think you this sounds like you, then please send in a CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with KDSEE and your name in the subject line of the email.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and fulfilment of the criteria above.
Applications close on Friday 29th March 2019.