Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with product development experience (preferably medical devices), who will take a lead role in project delivery within the engineering team.
1st or Upper 2nd, Masters degree in mechanical engineering
Essential Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- 10+ years’ hands on engineering experience in product development
- Design from concept through to manufacture of mechanical systems and products
- A focus on the use of engineering principles and analysis techniques
- Project management including mentoring and directing other team members
- Strong commercial understanding from a company and client perspective
- Client relationship management and development; ideally consultancy experience
- Understanding and working within cross discipline teams (i.e. alongside industrial design, electronics and software, prototyping etc)
- Presentation skills including written and verbal communication skills
Other Relevant Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will also have experience in a wide range of engineering processes including:
- Mechanism design
- Analysis of static, dynamic, fluid or thermodynamic systems
- Design for manufacture including materials selection using manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, machining, sheet metal, forming
- Tolerance analysis, design specification & 2D drawings.
- Experience using CAD packages, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience in risk management process to ISO14971 and use of FMEA and Fault Tree
Essential Personal Qualities
- Bright, organised, personable, enthusiastic, pragmatic, team player
Deadline for submissions is Friday 25th January 2019.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. with KDSME and your name in the subject line of the email.