Team Development Manager (Part time)
Kinneir Dufort (KD) is a world class User-Centred Innovation and Product Development Consultancy, with a 42-year track record of creating life changing world class products and experiences for global clients in medical, consumer and industrial sectors.
We are driven to collectively Design a Better World, achieving positive outcomes for the people we are designing for and generating value for our clients. We describe ourselves as a group of people focused on being open, smart, curious, pioneering, demonstrating respect and ensuring we have fun along the way.
About the role
As a consultancy, we recognise that we are the sum of our parts, our people. To support our growth, we want a team member to be focused only on ensuring we continue to recruit, develop and retain best in the world team members.
The Team Development Manager will be responsible for managing the personal development programme, company training plans and budgets, crafting a career development programme and advising on reward and retention. They will also be responsible for managing the recruitment process, liaising with the senior management team and ensuring we continue to grow our team with direction and purpose.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Headcount planning and recruitment
- Staff personal development and training
- Career development
- Retention, reward and recognition
This is a flexible part time role, working 15 hours per week (negotiable) with times and days to be agreed to suit the team and your life outside work.
You will be both hands on and strategic with excellent communication skills at all levels of the business. You will have a professional and commercial approach to team recruitment and development, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction and engagement and manage appropriate development, training and reward for individuals. You will be confident and tenacious in driving strategies and initiatives through the business taking your internal stakeholders with you on that journey.
You may come from an Organisational Development, Learning and Development, HR or recruitment background where you are likely to have worked alongside HR practitioners.
Your skills and experience
- Solid recruitment experience throughout the recruitment lifecycle including workforce planning
- Proven experience in developing effective recruitment, retention and reward initiatives
- Experience in developing and supporting line managers to develop their teams, ensuring they are prioritising the needs of their team
- Knowledge and understanding of staff benefit options and what are the most motivating and meaningful to our team
- Experience of benchmarking salaries and reward
- Exemplary people skills with great judgement to be able to spot talent in both new and existing members of the team and an understanding of what makes a great KD team member
- Experience of translating strategic priorities into reality
- Ability to lead, plan and manage capability development across all disciplines including behavioural, professional, technical & managerial to drive consistency across the broader business
- A good understanding of, and a commitment to, Equal Opportunities and Diversity in all forms. This is very important to us.
- Best in class interpersonal and interviewing skills
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Good business acumen and budget management
Salary circa £40k pro rata depending on experience. Based in our city centre Bristol HQ.
CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 29th April 2019.
Why work with us?
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a matched contributory pension scheme, private health care for you and your family, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities and everything else from mindfulness to yoga to daily fresh fruit. Alongside this are monthly socials, parties, flexible start and finish times and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We’re ambitious and driven to be best in the world at what we do.