Electronic Design Engineer
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Electronic Design Engineer to join our team at Kinneir Dufort; an outstanding, best in class 80-strong award-winning integrated research, innovation, design and product development consultancy.
KD operates globally with some of the world’s largest brands and corporations, as well as SMEs and start-ups, creating winning solutions in healthcare, consumer and industrial sectors.
About the role
We are looking for an electronic design engineer to join our electronics and software team. Reporting to our Head of Technology, you will be based at our Technology Centre in Bristol and your role will include responsibility for:
- Design and development of electronic systems
- Prototyping of electronic circuitry
- Test of electronic/software systems
- Basic embedded software development
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of analogue circuit design principles
- Good knowledge of digital electronics principles and microcontroller architectures
- Knowledge of communication interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet etc.)
- An understanding of good practice in PCB layout
- Experience manging your own time and completing work within defined budgets and timescales
- Degree (2:1) or above in Electronics Engineering or associated course
- Experience using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience developing embedded software (C/C++)
- Medical device experience
- You will be passionate about electronics, science and technology and enjoy solving problems
- You will have had at least 2 years’ experience in a product development role
- You will be comfortable developing in CAD but love to get hands on and build prototypes
- You will be enthusiastic and enjoy working in teams
- You are keen to learn new things both on your own and from others
If you think you can answer most or all of the above positively, then please send in a CV and a covering letter, to [email protected] with KDEDE and your name in the subject line of the email.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and fulfilment of the criteria above.
No recruitment consultants