HUMAN FACTORS CONSULTANT
We are looking for talented Human Factors professionals to join our team here in Bristol. Kinneir Dufort’s HF team delivers world-class usability projects as well as supporting multidisciplinary projects with a focus on medical device development.
Here at KD, we firmly believe in Designing a Better World and creating genuine value through human experiences and tomorrow’s products. We are a talented, multi-disciplinary team who deliver world class solutions by fusing the talents of our innovators, designers, researchers, technologists, engineers and makers, all under one roof.
We understand that we are only as good as the people in our team and how important it is to support them. We offer 25 days holiday a year (with extra days for long service), a contributory pension scheme, private health care, an employee assistance scheme, company-wide bonus, training and development opportunities, monthly socials, lots of parties and the opportunity to work alongside some of the smartest and most inspiring people you will ever meet. We are ambitious and driven to be better, faster, stronger and bigger.
The successful candidates should be able to:
- Deliver requirements: gathering research studies; including contextual inquiries
- Deliver both formative and validation usability studies
- Scope and design research studies
- Define and write study protocols
- Manage study recruitment and logistics
- Conduct research studies both within the UK and globally
- Moderate and facilitate study sessions and workshops
- Analyse data to develop insights and recommendations
- Write technical reports suitable for submission to regulatory bodies
- Design compelling study results presentations
- Present research findings to clients and project teams
- Meet with clients to understand project requirements and proposal writing
Your skills and experience should include:
- Demonstrable human factors experience preferably in medical device design
- A degree in human factors, or related topic or relevant work experience
- Experience of setting up and delivering design research / usability research projects
- Ability to collect and analyse data efficiently and effectively with a high attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to standards, preferably with knowledge of IEC 62366 and FDA guidelines of applying HF to medical devices
- An appreciation of quality management preferably knowledge of ISO 13485
- Knowledge of design and engineering development processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a team both within HF but also as part of multi-disciplinary projects
- Availability to travel up to 30% of the year (1-2 weeks at a time)
- A pro-active and self-motivated work ethic
If you think you can answer most or all the above positively, then please send in a CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with KDHF and your name in the subject line of the email.
Deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday 23rd March 2017.
Salary will be dependent on experience and fulfilment of the criteria above.
Please get in touch (unless you’re a recruitment consultant).